Sunday, September 14, 2014

For The Bird{brains} Blog Hop - Designer Tutorial Link-up

Hi all,

From the Heart Stamps had a For The Bird{brains} Blog Hop Friday, September 5th. And we have until today to re-create a project using one of the Design Team's projects. For many reasons, Kathy Curry is my favorite Designer and I chose to recreate her project.

She created a wine tag - HERE! If you know Marque and I, you know we love good wine and other spirits too. We often give good wine as gifts... and so, this was a natural for me to want to recreate.

And here is her picture:




For my project, I did things a little differently. First, I used the Creative Memories Circle Set because it is easier. And I free cut the end of the tag. I also added color on the circle up top - mostly because I cut too big of a circle (just being honest). But in the end, it was one of those "mistakes" that wasn't! I love it like this.

Other than that, I mostly did the same thing.  I hope you like it.

The image I used for this project is Birdbrain Winter Scarf. LOVE IT!



A close up of the image.




And another shot of the tag on the bottle.




The image was colored with Copic Markers and embellished with white gel pen. The DP is from my scrap box. I used the Stampin UP Tag punches from 2006 or so (I think they have new ones now). And the Ribbon is a gold ribbon from my scrap ribbon bin. The button is from my stash and I used regular twine from WalMart (I know - super exciting).

I hope and pray your evening is going well.

You still have a few hours to play along for a chance to win $15.

Blessings,

Em

5 comments:

  1. Em, I love this! I'm going to layer the circle part next time, makes it look a bit more finished, great idea. Love the image you picked and your coloring, too. Really great! And thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how your tag turned out! It will really elevates the presentation of your gift. Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] – a few months ago I played along in a challenge, and I created a wine tag. So when I saw this uptown girl Opal the Optimist, I knew she had to be on a wine […]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em