Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Daddy's Birthday Cards

Happy Tuesday all!

And Happy Birthday Daddy!  He won't likely see this post before his cards get there, so I'm ok with it.

This is my daddy. He's 78 years young this year. And you know what, we are so happy he's with us. Six years ago, on September 8th, he had a massive stroke, well several really. And I am just so happy he is with us. That sweet lady in the mirror reflection is my Aunt Janeen, his sister.  And I'm pretty sure Christopher sent him that shirt a couple of years ago.



AND look how great his cake is.  Christopher and I were supposed to go but we were sick. And I hate to drive to Houston without Marque. Sigh. I'm a big old baby, I guess.  But we missed the little party.




Anyway - on to the cards...

This is the card that Christopher chose for ME to send him (because he liked the pig one).



Recipe: Image - Birthday Burger Birdbrain  Ink ~ Copics & white gel pen. Scrap DP (in fact I received the DP in a box from a friend. I have no idea who made it. Same with the 2nd card). I embellished with ribbon & sparkly flowers (bought @ Hobby Lobby).



Recipe: Image - Hamlet PigWit Pig Out.  Ink ~ Copics, sakura sparkle pen,  & white gel pen. Scrap DP (in fact I received the DP in a box from a friend. I have no idea who made it. Same with the 2nd card). I embellished with ribbon & sparkly flowers (bought @ Hobby Lobby).

I hope you have enjoyed these cards and that your day is blessed.

Love, Hugs & blessings,

Emily

4 comments:

  1. Love both of your cards, so cheerful and fun. I'm sure your dad will love them, too. Happy 78th to him! I remember when you posted about his stroke, so happy he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! He really is doing so much better than we could have hoped for then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards. Love the images on both... and the coloring... what an awesome cake! Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em