Thursday, September 18, 2014

Owl Be Here... Sweet & Sassy Stamps

Hi all,

I sure hope you are doing well. We are celebrating North Texas Giving Day here in Texas. And I have to brag for a second. My child has been giving to the Tarrant Area Food Bank since he was three. And so - he is a "hunger hero" and (and I loosely use this word) starring in a series of clips to pump folks up to GET UP AND GIVE!!!
  • Link to the TAFB's You Tube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC11iZoL8Ubplc780qzd3w_A

  • Link to give: https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/#npo/tarrant-area-food-bank
Oh and here is a picture of the Hunger Heros. Awww...



Ok - I know, that's not why you are here. Proud mommy moment!

Sweet & Sassy Stamps previewed their new stamps last week. So many great new stamps for Fall! They also challenged folks to create a Fall Card by today. If they get ten more (right now there are 15, they really want 25) entrants, they will give away two $10 credits to the store.  WOOHOO.

Here is my Fall Card. Since I made this, I did receive the stamps I ordered and will play with them soon and get some cards up here. But this is an older set called Owl Be There.



And here is a little close up of the image/sparkles:




Do you want to know something funny? I had no idea there was an Owl Die. I cut that out by hand. HA Dear heaven's Emily, way to work harder! lol Anywhooo....

Recipe for the card: I started with WaterColor paper by StampinUp. I took various ink colors and water colored the sunset. Then I stamped the trees from the Tree Top Stamps from PapertreyInk.  I used distressed inks for those trees. The tummy part of the owl, I cut from DP I have. I love how that turned out. I added stickler for the sparkle, twine & ribbon and a couple of buttons (that I just realized I didn't put thread in like I like to). The image is colored with Copic Markers and embellished with white gel pen.  The background is smeared with Stickles. Yes I did say smeared. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day ladies.

Blessings all!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em