Friday, March 6, 2015

FTHS March Blog Hop - " Going Green"




Happy Friday all!

And welcome to my blog. I'm so excited... This month Sarah and I are guest designers for From the Heart Stamps. I know she is as excited as I am. I hope you are having a wonderful day and are ready to see some beautiful things...

Without further ado, I'd like to welcome you to the From the Heart Stamps blog hop. Our theme this month is “Going Green”. You either use the color green (any shade of green) OR use something recycled on your card/project. Our designers are showcasing lots of gorgeous projects.

As you hop along, please leave a comment on EACH ENTRY. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS shop. And additionally, one commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $15 gift voucher to the store!

If you have arrived from From the Heart Stamps Blog, you are in the right place. I am the second stop and that is the post that kicked off the hop.

Today I'm sharing two cards with you. In the first card, I used Lucky Birdbrain Chick.  The first picture is the front of the card. The second is the inside.



Card Recipe ~ Ink: Copic Markers. Paper: base is PTI. DP is from my scrap box. Ribbon: PTI Satin. Other Embellishments – The Paper Studio Green Flower, that I made into a four leaf clover, and various green buttons.

Recycled Item: I have to say, neither of the sentiments are from the set. I recycled sentiments I printed I don't know how long ago. I keep my printed sentiments in a box, organized by event.


For my second card, I used Birdbrain Needs Coffee. I love her because she's wearing green, sparkly eyeshadow. I may or may not have worn similar in my day (you're welcome). And I am a coffee person... so I relate to this card. It may as well be me!

Card Recipe ~ Ink: Copic Markers & White Gel Pen. Paper: base is PTI. DP is from We R Memory Keepers, Feeling Groovy Pad. Ribbon:  Coffee Bean that I found on a ribbon site six years ago (I wish I could remember which). Other Embellishments – Stickles and paper piercing.

Now head over to Sarah's Blog and see what she created. *** Link is now directly to her blog post!

Thanks for hopping with us today. The hop will end on Monday, March 9th, 6 am EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday, March 11th.

Many blessings to you and thank you for visiting my blog.

Emily
Like my FB Page: Em's Craft Closet

28 comments:

  1. […] the Heart Stamps Guest Designer Emily Guest Designer Sarah Angela Calypso Imke Jessica Jo Kathy Kelly Lyn Michelle […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to say...Loving the black background on the first...really makes him pop. Next, my stash of sentiments looks like your bag...haha There is no Irish in me after doing ancestry search. The 2n card...well, I'm been on a roll with coffee cards and I getting ready to post another tomorrow and LOVING her green sparkly eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you!
    I can't wait to do the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! They are both fantastic! Love the black and green on the first one. And the buttons sure do make a nice touch. And I love that ribbon and green sparkly eye shadow on the second one. Just love them both! I like to recycle sentiments too; no point in them going to waste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are terrific. Wonderful vibrant colors and and design on both cards. Birdbrain images are so fun and always bring a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOO cute Em!!! I LOVE the coffee one the best :) That's how I feel some mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute cards, Emily! I love the way you have colored the Birdbrains tummy on the first card and the "eye shadow" on the second! So glad you have joined us as Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh these are BOTH just adorable!! Love the coloring on your fun bird images and great way to recycle something...I do this a lot!! :) Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Em, both cards are so wonderful! So happy to have you with us at FTHS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your cards! Love all the details on the Lucky chick card - great idea to keep the printed sentiments for recycling - I always end up throwing mine away! The Birdbrain needs coffee image is one of my favorites! I love the coffee ribbon too! Thank you so much for the inspiration! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards and coloring are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, Cute, Cute!! Love all the added elements and the great use of green - both the color and the recycling (clever way to store sentiments)! So glad to have you guest designing with us!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulously cute pair of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute cards! I love the bird's eye shadow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily, these cards are adorable, great job. Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun, vibrant cards! Love the sentiment on the first card and the ribbon is the perfect accent for Birdbrain Needs Coffee!!
    Jessica G., FTHS DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok.... Two cards?!?! You are a rockstar!! They are both AMAZING... Lovee Lucky Birdbrain... he is just so dapper!! LOL Birdbrain needs coffee... green glitter eyeshadow... LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! Two fantastic cards! The black really make the 1st one "POP" and I LOVE the green glitter eyeshadow on the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two awesome cards! Congrats on being a guest designer. I love the green eye shadow. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 2 fantastic cards for the hop! great colouring and layout with a fab verse inside on the 1st, and I love the sparkly eyeshadow on the 2nd. utterly FAB! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. These both look amazing Em. Lovely coloring and fun papers. The coffee ribbon the second is such a great touch, love it. Beautifully done. So glad you are designing with us this month (feels like old times)!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your cards! Green is one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful cards and congratulations on being a Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These two cards are wonderful! The vibrant colors are really eye-catching and I love them both! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute!! You are great at choosing colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are adorable! I love the bold colors that you used on the first card and the ribbon is just perfect for the second card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both cards but the second one a bit more. I can totally relate to that image and sentiment ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em