Monday, December 14, 2015

Crafting in Advent.... Christmas Trees

Ahem.... dusting off the cobwebs to share some crafts for Advent.
Hi there,

How have you all been?
I miss you. I miss blogging and being creative... AND... well, let's just concentrate on today.

This year, we are really trying to take time out to be with family and friends.  If you read my family blog, you will note that I have figured out I try to do too much. So this year, we are concentrating on what Advent is really about... AND on having fun with it all.

Every year, I put Advent Cards in the Advent Calendar. There are scattered treats and a gag gift or two, but the cards is really where it's at.  This year, we changed them up a bit. I add to them as Christopher gets older. The morning of the 10th, he brought me the "Make a Christmas Craft" card and said, "how convenient"! haha

Last Thursday, we invited friends over to Craft with us. So much fun. There is still glitter and garland all over my downstairs and I kinda like that the house is so sparkly. I planned three crafts: Christmas Trees, Coasters, and Mason Jar Luminaries.

Today, we are going to talk about the trees. Here is my Advent & Christmas Board from Pinterest. There are several tree-craft pins. This is the pin that started it - Handmade Christmas Trees.  I take that back, years ago, I saw this post Santa Cone Decor from the Thrifty Decor Chick, and I knew one day I'd make some cone trees.

We had pom moms, gold-sprayed pine cones, candy canes, red and gold balls, bells, buttons, ribbon, glitter, glue guns, garland and I really have no idea what all else!  The best part was that the sweet four year old (I think she's four) had the best trees. Sure, I helped her with them, but she designed them. Love that. HAHA

These my friend and her family took home.

I made.
Christopher made.
See the monstrosity, I made that (the kids painted the acorns).
How cute is she? Toldya it was the best one.
How'd we do it? Well, we had both green floral cones and cardboard cones we made (thanks to Kristin). Um, I found out, I'm not good at the cardboard cone making (you're welcome). All the trees were different, so there is no REAL how-to, just your imagination and a glue gun. Lots of glue.

Tools: 
  • Glue Gun.
  • Good scissors.
  • Wire cutters.
  • Craft items you want to stick on a tree, cones to make the trees.
  • Paper to cover the table with.
  • Your imagination, laughter and Friends.
Anywhooooo (here is a picture of one of the pages of cards (printed onto business cards). You can choose whatever activity you like. If I know we have certain plans, that card goes into that particular date.  If you want the file, leave a comment and your email and I will send you the file.


And here is the list I drew from this year, for my cards:


Tomorrow's post will be about the luminaries. Wednesday - the coasters. Check back for them. You could make either in a day and have cute grandparent gifts or hostess gifts.


Laura, from Day By Day, In Our World, asked me to link up with her 40 Days of Seeking Him link-up. So I am.  There are many great posts there. Please click on the attached link and check it out:
#40DaysofSeekingHim Gaudete Sunday Link-up.

Have a great day.
Many Blessings,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em