Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Crafting in Advent - Mason Jar Luminaries

Good morning.
I hope you are enjoying your Advent Season. We are here at the Davis house.
We are on a budget, like so many of our friends, and we make our decor/gifts (not all). Yesterday I told you that we had a craft day with friends as part of Advent.

One of the crafts we made were these fun, and inexpensive Mason Jar Luminaries.

What you will need for this craft:
  • Mason Jars (various sizes)
  • Glue or Mod Podge
  • Craft Sponge
  • Glitter
  • Washi Tape or Stickers
  • Ribbon
This is such an easy and fun craft.  You simply take Elmer's Glue or Mod Podge and a craft sponge, like this one:


And you put glue on the inside of your mason jar. You can put it as high up the side of the jar as you like. Here is a picture of the supplies and the jars in progress.

Christopher and I made.
You pour glitter inside the jar and roll the glitter around the inside. We dumped our excess onto paper plates (it was easier if the children each had a paper plate).  Note, there is a small striped jar that we actually put a line of glue, then glitter, and let it dry a bit... then repeated the process as we added color.  You can see it in progress in the photo above, but the finished jar is in the last photo.

These, my friend and her children made.
How fun for the children to use all kinds of glitter and washi tape. And if you are like me, this craft cost me nothing extra because I am a canner and have plenty of jars AND I'm a crafter, so I had tons of glitter and glue/modpodge.

Finished product.
Afterwards, we put votive candles in the jars. I don't have a picture, bt they look very pretty all lit up. Inexpensive and fun family time. Extra special with friends added.

I hope you are enjoying these craft posts.

Hugs & Blessings,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em