Friday, April 29, 2016

Sparkly Thank You!

Happy Friday All!

Before I get started, I wanted to give you a heads-up about a great post from my friend and fellow Catholic Blogger, Chris Capolino created some fantastic gift baskets in a recent blog post. Check out how to make fun gift baskets on a super low budget. I was seriously impressed. She says I am creative, but check her out - AWESOME! Her post is called How to Declutter and Create 4 Prize Baskets for Under $13. Seriously - great info!

So, I have a question for you... Have you ever CASE-ed a card before? You know, where you find a card you like and make something similar? It's a great way to get started stamping and creating, and it's also good if you are experience but wait to the last minute to create a card. LOL

Well, last week at card group, it was my turn to create a card everyone can make. So, I found this one on Pinterest....

I can not find the post I case-ed with this in it. It is not my design. Sigh. 
I really loved the design, but decided to go with a more monotone look with the blues in Spring Hues. I love how it turned out. 




In the card group, there are a few the tare new to card making, and one of the ladies placed her swooshes a little too far apart, so I said, let's add a color. And voila, I loved it. Then I made a couple more cards just like hers, that  she kept calling a mistake. Isn't that always the way it is?!


Below, I wanted to show you the shimmer. Most Stampin' Up! lovers  use Wink of Stella. I love WoS, but it leaves a silvery tone and I wanted clear. So I used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Crystal Clear...  And I love the shimmer it gives! 



I don't even think this card really requires a Recipe, but I'll put one just in case:

Card Recipe:

Image ~  Water Color Thank You, Swoosh & Heart from Work of Art
Paper ~ PTI Black, White & Turquoise
Embellishments ~ Spectrum Sparkly Pen in Crystal Clear
Directions ~ I stamped the swooshes, then the thank you, then the hearts. Let it all dry a bit and lightly brushed on some shimmer. Easy Peasy.

I hope and pray your week was great. More cards soon.
Em

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Em!! Gorgeous. Receiving hand made cards is just so sweet. Thank yous are hardly ever even written anymore, but to get one that is hand made to boot is so touching.Great!!!

    ANd thank you so very much for the mention!!


    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Em, can I subscribe by email? I see you on fb with Em's Craft Closet but I don't have G+ so I cannot follow there.

    Thanks xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I think I fixed it.
      I'm not very good at this. I need a blog manager. LOL OR more than five minutes!
      Let me know if one of the gadgets I added lets you subscribe.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message.
Your comment will show up, I promise.
Blessings,
Em